Monday, January 31, 2011

Cartoons and Change

Liza Donnelly is a staff cartoonist for The New Yorker.  I was lucky enough to meet her at the TEDWomen conference in DC last year and her talk was another wonderful example of someone following their interests and talents and being able to share them with the world. She describes her work this way:
In my cartoons, I try to expose the silly and absurd ways that Americans behave. I make light of men and women as we navigate our way through life, putting pressure on ourselves and each other in daily life. I try to explore political issues by drawing how people react to and absorb them.
She just wrote a piece for CNN.com about her TED talk, and why she draws and what she is trying to achieve. It is a great story.


Liza also has a wonderful website called whendotheyservethewine. Definitely check it out, and put it on your blog list. Laughing is good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment