Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The 90-10 Philosophy: The Case for Curating Your Life

We humans are powerful creatures and our minds are the most powerful tools we possess. In the following 9 minute video of Kiran Bedi, she mentions the 90-10 principle. Of every 100 events in your life, 90 of them are a result of your own doing, and 10 are determined by nature and the world. This concept sounds about right to me and I like the way she defines the philosophy.

Not everything happens TO us. We play a large part in the choices we make, the inputs we allow into our consciousness and the thoughts we choose to indulge or dismiss.

I have spent the majority of my life floating in the flotsam and jetsam of the day-to-day. Lately, I have been striving to be a better curator of my life, of my mind, of my experiences.

I hope you enjoy the video, Ms. Bedi is quite inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment